Thursday 1 August 2013

Holiday Snapshot: The Skincare Shortlist

For today's post I am sharing with you the skincare selection that I took with me on holiday, I tried to keep it as streamlined and compact as possible but there were a couple of full size products that I couldn't live without! Cleansers that I opted for were the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and the Purifying Cleansing Wash from Una Brennan. CP has got to be one of my all time favourite cleansers, you just can't go wrong with it and it really does live up to the hype! Plus this travel size is perfect, is it just me that finds mini products cute?!? Thought so.. This Una Brennan face wash is quietly creeping up behind Liz Earle, possibly knocking it off top spot as I just love the way it soothes my irritated acne-prone skin. Both of them were definitely necessities! I took with me one toner because this Liz Earle Instant Skin Boot Tonic is the perfect all rounder, it freshens my skin and gives me this lovely all over glow. Moisture was looked after with my favourite product at the moment, Garnier Moisture Match for Normal to Dry Skin. This has the most lovely light fragrance and makes my skin feel soooo soft and hydrated. Everything I look for in a moisturiser, plus it's so affordable too at £5.99. Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask also wormed it's way into my wash kit, woopss how did that get there in there I wonder?!? I absolutely adore this mask and often used it as a general night cream when my face was feeling a little hot and flushed after a long day in the sun, it is so lovely and cooling and I woke up feeling so refreshed. 

A few other things I packed were these basic Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes, just for a quick swipe before moving onto cleansing. Being on holiday meant I was in super lazy mode and unfortunately some evenings my skincare routine fell into that rut too. However now I'm home, I'm most definitely making up for it! A mini sample of Origins Modern Friction was also very handy for a mid week exfoliate. I really recommend these Origins samples as they're great for trialing their range first as they can be quite expensive, plus they're perfect for travelling too. Origins quite often throw some of these samples into their online orders when you spend x amount of money! And last but not least, not quite a skincare product.. this Jergens Ultra Healing Body Lotion was a sample from a magazine a while back. Super nourishing and the perfect size, as I was just starting to run out of space..

What are your holiday skincare essentials?

Laura
x

No comments:

Post a Comment