Tuesday 13 August 2013

Everyday Eyes.


I don't know about anyone else but I probably own more makeup than I've had hot dinners in my life, yet I still manage to stick to and rotate the same few products without a second thought. These are my go-to products which I know are fool proof and I'm safe in the knowledge that they will last me all throughout the day. Eyes are my favourite part of doing my makeup in the mornings as they're what I tend to experiment with the most. I've never been a big eyeliner wearer as I find it just doesn't suit me or my eye-shape. Plus it doesn't help that I'm absolutely rubbish at applying it. Le sigh. When I'm in a rush (read: most mornings) I like to stick to neutral eye shadows because they take no effort to apply.

My favourite eye shadows of the moment are from my Naked Basics palette. They are so easy to work with and are completely matte, so there's no risk of me going overboard with the shimmer when I'm half awake juggling my 217 and cuppa. My favourite combination is W.O.S with Naked 2 through the crease, a subtle but defined wash of colour. If you're thinking about dabbling with Urban Decay palettes I would definitely recommend Naked Basics as an introduction. I don't own either of the Naked or Naked 2 palettes but am definitely thinking of purchasing one because I am so impressed with the quality of these colours. At £18 it isn't cheap but for the amount of product you get; it is well worth the money. Plus because the shadows are so pigmented you hardly need anything on your brush!

If I'm on the verge of being late for work because my hair has taken far too long to dry, my make up usually ends up suffering. The last thing I want is to be sat there blending away with a brush for 5 minutes so I usually give my eyes a quick prime with the Dainty Doll eye shadow base and apply the Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze. This is a gorgeous bronze cream shadow which works just as well on it's own as it does under other colours. Another great cream product is this Scandal Eyes one from Rimmel. I often dab this on in the outer corner and crease and give it a quick blend with my finger. Rimmel are often £5 and under on all products in either Savers or Wilkinsons, so I would definitely check out their range as they are on fire with new releases at the moment. Mascara is taken care of my Soap & Glory Thick and Fast, a brilliant all-rounder!

What are your daily must haves?

Laura
x

6 comments:

  1. I use the same Dainty Doll eyeshadow base and I love it, as well as the UD Naked Basics Palette. Really want to try some of the Colour Tattoos though, On & On Bronze and the Taupe one look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good! I really want to try some of the MAC paint pots but I can't justify it to myself when Maybelline's are only a fiver haha! x

      Delete
  2. the naked basics palette is great for everyday wear x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's perfect isn't it!? The big mirror is a bonus too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The On & On Bronze Color Tattoo is a favourite of mine, I must admit. It's so easy to pop that on with minimal effort. xo

    Adrienne | Late Night Nonsense | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete