Saturday 3 August 2013

Holiday Snapshot: The SPF Shortlist

SPF, say what? Something completely unheard of in Britain and totally unnecessary (on the body).. However in Cyprus it was 38 degree heat all day every day, so it was an absolute must! Initially we didn't realise it was going to be quite so hot, so off we trotted to sunny Cyprus expecting a nice toasty 30 degrees.. turns out we were very very wrong. What is there to say about sun protectant apart from the fact that's it a very boring expensive necessity?  Riemann P20 Once A Day Sun Protectant was absolutely brilliant and stopped me from getting burnt and lobster-like. I can't really vouch for the 'Once A Day' claim because I was in and out of the pool/sea all day so topped it up every time I got out just to be on the safe side. The only thing I would say is that when applying it first comes out very sticky but then acts quickly and drys very fast. This makes it quite difficult to rub in so I did ended up using quite a lot. The Garnier Ambre Soliaire Protection Milk was a bottle which we picked up for 40 TL at a local off license because we felt we needed something a bit more nourishing than the P20. This was a lovely silky lotion that did the job and still allowed me get get a lovely bronzed tan. The Nivea Sun Protect Lip Balm was as basic and as bog standard as they get, it kept my lips soft and they didn't chap like they usually do on holiday! After Sun was taken care of by Nivea yet again, this was lovely and soothing but I hated the smell. It definitely cooled down by skin and prevented any redness.

So there we have it, my SPF round up..
Are there any sun protectants you swear by?

Laura 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment