Wednesday 31 July 2013

Holiday Snapshot: The Makeup Shortlist

Today I am sharing with you the makeup that I whittled down and took on holiday with me. Anyone who is a beauty blogger or just a makeup obsessive will realise how difficult it is to force yourself to choose between certain products and choose only the necessary! I think I narrowed it down pretty well and I actually used everything, so that's always a good sign that you have packed well. I wore absolutely zero makeup during the day, because I was constantly in and out of the pool/sea and plus I just wanted to give my skin a good break. My skin has certainly cleared up a lot due to the fresh air and sea water, so this is why I restricted myself to only wearing makeup in the evenings at dinner. 

For my base, I would alternate between using my beloved Dr Jart + Water Fuse BB Cream and Bourjois Healthy Mix in shade 52. These were both perfect as they are so easy to blend and apply and required no effort, the Bourjois foundation was perfect for later in the week when my face had developed a bit of a tan as I have always found it just a tad too dark. Underneath I was using my Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser just so that my skin didn't look too shiny in the heat. This did a great job of keeping all my makeup in check. For eyes I had 5 products in total, my Sleek Storm palette which has a wide range of colours so it was the perfect holiday no-fuss product, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and On Bronze, as well as an eyeshadow base from Dainty Doll. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless was my mascara of choice as it is brilliant at curling and creating the most natural fluttery look. The Eyeko Skinny Liner was free with a Marie Claire, and although I'm a complete liquid eyeliner noob this was sooo easy to use. The formula is something to be reckoned with and definitely isn't the best, but altogether a good eyeliner to practice with if you don't wear it often.

Cheeks were defined with one of Boujois's newest releases, Cream Blush in 01 Nude Velvet and MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle. I actually picked this highlighter up at the airport on the way as it was a little bit cheaper than normal, I also bought the infamous 217 brush which I am absolutely in LOVE with. Lips was the area of packing that I had most trouble with, lip products have got to be my favourite makeup item and I just couldn't whittle it down! I took two Clinique Chubby Sticks in shades Mega Melon and and Woppin' Watermelon, these probably weren't the wisest of choices as they started to melt in the heat so they had to be kept in the mini fridge at all times.. woops. As well as Rimmel Apocolips in Stellar which was a nice brighter choice to wear in the evenings and last but not least a Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker lipgloss in Punchbowl.

All in all I think I did pretty well and didn't overpack, plus everything I took was perfect for the climate and lasted surprisingly well throughout the evening heat. Do you have any must have holiday makeup picks?

Laura
x

No comments:

Post a Comment