Monday 29 July 2013

Holiday Snapshot: Ocean Overload








Merhabaaaaaaaa, I am back from my holidays and ready to blog again in full swing. That was hello in Turkish in case you didn't already know, I went to North Cyprus which is predominantly Turkish; and in fact spoke English all week because everyone was so kind and helpful. Or maybe they just pitied us.. Anyway, today I thought I would share with you all just a few photos from my trip, sorry for the excessive water pics but how can you resist that blue crystal goodness?!? This is going to be the first of four posts that I have planned as part of a holiday series, so look out for the next few posts that will feature my makeup, skincare and SPF picks. 

I stayed in a village along the North Cyprus coastline called Lapta. The village itself is situated on the mountainside and takes 40 minutes to walk to because of the sheer altitude and the heat. Unfortunately we didn't venture into the village because it was far too hot to make the walk up there. We were based on what they call the Lapta 'strip' which is a a long road that bypasses the village and takes you straight to the nearest town and all the beaches, restaurants etc. The hotel was gorgeous and had 3 pools, a private beach, tennis courts and a gym. I had the most amazing time doing literally nothing all week, the idea of the holiday was to relax and enjoy the sunshine because our family has had to deal with a lot of personal issues lately which has led to a great deal of stress. I am now back to work, boooo, and trying to get as much overtime as possible so that I can save enough money for university in September. I received my unconditional offer last week before I went away and I am absolutely over the moon!! I am so excited about moving to Leeds and starting my new course!

Have you been on holiday recently?

Laura
x

No comments:

Post a Comment